Where do you work with students?
- I conduct all of my sessions remotely, using Zoom or Google documents + phone.
How long have you been coaching and tutoring?
- I started coaching and tutoring in the late 1990s and have been supporting students for more than 20 years. Before Launch Learning, I owned and managed Meyers Learning Center.
We’ve tried teaching our child some of the things you teach, and they haven’t made much of a difference. What might be different about working with you?
- Many students show reluctance or resistance to their parents’ suggestions, but they’re more likely to listen to someone else. I know this from personal experience with one of my children! I'm very collaborative in my approach. I don’t dictate to the student the “right” and “wrong” way; I brainstorm with the student and also provide a menu of suggestions, then we figure out together what will work best for the student. This empowers students to create solutions that will work for them and take ownership.
What’s the typical length and structure of a session?
- My standard session length is 50 minutes. I start with a check in, reviewing past and current work, then prioritization of the day's tasks (mini-goal-setting). Next, we tackle the work at hand, review our progress, and plan for the future. Sessions can be extended beyond the 50-minute standard if needed (and session rates are pro-rated for the amount of time utilized).
How will we communicate with each other?
- You’ll receive regular, weekly session recaps (via email), summarizing each session of work. You can also contact me for brief chats or emails, if needed. (For more lengthy or extensive discussions, parents can schedule a meeting with me which would be billed at my normal coaching or tutoring rates.)
Will you work with my child’s school (teacher, counselor, resource specialist, etc.)?
- Yes, I can communicate with others involved in your student's learning and support. Parents will need to make the introduction. I provide an initial half hour communication for no charge, but for time extending beyond that, meetings would be arranged and billed at my normal rates.
What are your rates and what to do they include?
- My rates for EF Coaching, writing tutoring, college and private school admissions essay coaching are $220 per 50-minute session.
- These rates include customized lesson planning, weekly session note summaries provided to parents, and brief communications with you or your student, as-needed, between sessions.
- I occasionally offer workshops, which may have discounted pricing for groups of students. If you would like to organize a workshop or workshop series for your student and friends, please contact me.
Do you offer discounts?
- Discounted rates for multiple sessions per week are available. Please inquire about this if you're interested.
- I have a limited number of hours for which I provide a sliding scale to students in need. If needed, please ask.
- I occasionally offer workshops, which come with discounted pricing for groups of students.
What is your cancellation policy?
- A student may cancel, without charge, up until 24 hours prior to the session. If cancelled within 24 hours of the session, parents are responsible for the full session charge, EXCEPT in a case of emergency or sudden illness. I must be notified immediately to cancel, if illness or emergency occurs. I ask that parents limit cancellations, which can hinder progress. If repeated cancellations occur, the viability of continued tutoring or coaching will need to be assessed.
How does billing work?
- I bill for the prior month's sessions at the beginning of each subsequent month (for example, September's sessions will be billed in early October). Payments can be made through electronic bank transfer, select payment apps or the old-fashioned way (paper checks)!
Can you work with my student?
- Please contact me with an overview of your needs. Depending on the scope, I will let you know if I have an opening to serve your student. I devote myself wholeheartedly to tailoring my work to each student, and the time in session is only one facet of my commitment to students. If I am unable to provide you with the support you need, I will do my best to offer referrals of professionals who may be able to help, outside of Launch Learning.
How do I get started?
- I offer a free 30-minute initial phone consultation to learn about your needs; through this, we can mutually assess if my services seem like a fit for what you're seeking. We can discuss next steps at the end of that conversation. I look forward to speaking with you. Please fill out the form at the end of this page.